Monday, August 11, 2008

HAPPY MONDAY!!!

Yes, I know 5 whole days! Shame, shame. I hope this weekend has treated you all well. This morning as the sky broke in half and spilled marble sized hail onto the gum covered side walks of New York I thought about several things. 1) This weather is psycho. 2) I don't think ANY ONE needs more proof that Global Warming is happening. 3) How much does the weather affect your mood and more importantly your gear for the day?. Even if you work on Wall Street, you have options. You can wear the bright blue tie rather than the gray (grey). Ladies can opt for the skirt suit rather than the pant suit. I could go for jeans rather than cargo shorts. The point is there are always options.

I want to kn0w how much influence the weather has on your choices. Not just global warming, but everyday weather forecasts. Like if Mr. G says its gonna rain but you see clear skies out your window, do you still opt for the rain boots, or do you still go ahead and rock your old navy flip flops? Personally, I'm 50/50. If the weather seem gloomy in August I may opt for a pair of heather gray shorts and black tank with silver flip flops. If the weather seems gloomy in November I will probably go for a dark denim wash with mustard ankle boots, plaid jacket and red scarf/hat/glove set.

To me if the fabric is light, then its ok to go dark with color themes. If the fabric is heavy, I like to opt for a lighter color theme. Mood most definitely affects all of these things as well. Excited=Red; Pissed=Purple; Happy=Teal/Pink; Sad=Navy blue/gray. And even that alters haha.

I hope that whatever your mood or geographic weather patterns, your apparel for the day can best express your individuality, style, and soul.

AFF,

JeJa

No comments: