Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Monday

As I got on the 2 train, which actually turned into the 5 train, this morning in Brooklyn I began to ponder: 1) What am I going to eat for breakfast? 2) Why is it that people walk so slow in New York?! One of the biggest pet peeves that I have is people who walk slow/in the middle of the sidewalk. Left or right, pick a side please!!!

For many New York is a vacation (and place where you can proudly wear an I <3 NY shirt, even though that trend is about 3 months old) but for it's natives, this is home or work and we need to get to it.

I also found, as I walk down 8th Avenue, that people will pick the busiest streets at the busiest times to go for a run. Another fact is that people will invest hundreds of dollars for silly garments that are made just for running or jogging or yoga.. whatever, just so they can be "motivated" for exercise. Whatever happened to sweatpants?

Anywho... this man was doing his morning run, which is great, but right in the middle of 8th Avenue. If the herd of people slowed down, so did he still jogging in place until a red light allowed him to sprint across the street only to be slowed by the masses again. As a big part of me got aggravated, another part of me couldn't help but laugh. Only in New York.... Happy Monday people :)

AFF,

JeJa

No comments: